Sunday 14 September 2014

How long will it take?



How long will it take to write your novel?




 That is an enquiry I cannot answer, but can give you an idea by how long it will take you by the appearance of myself and how long it has taken me to get where I have been. Back in 2008 (being 2014 now), I came up with the idea behind Staff in the Stone. I worked at bottle depot in Kamloops called General Grants for a very long time, and I was very happy there. After that, I moved down to Vancouver. In-between all that I have been writing. I write on buses, cars, parks, and even on the greyhound. I went to school to improve my English and writing skills for two years, and need to learn more about English.  I am now close to my 3rd edit of my story. I tired being Dungeon Master for my DnD group, and think of idea I can get from there, and that has been four years of my life. You can find a great many idea from a couple of friends and a dice that has twenty sides.






Why am I telling you all this?

I have invested a lot of time into this. A LOT! Many weekends, and many things I have skipped to keep writing. I am not even close to being done. I will need all of this and more if I am going to publish my book. So how long will it take? Your life. It is a dedication to your story. Career, kids, and other such society achievements will never or may be late. If you want to write know that you will always be writing. Your first novel might take two years, or it could take ten to fifteen years. I am up to six years now, and I think I still have four more years to go. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment