Saturday 25 October 2014

Time



Time.
            Good old Father-Time. This Anthropomorphism is depicted as an elderly white bearded man, dressed in a black robe, and carrying a scythe and an hourglass. He is a trope used to illustrate the passing of time, and the bane of all authors. Time becomes an issue quickly as I’ve learned. Now, in the first time in my life, I have a dead line for my story. The first three to four pages from Chapters one are going to be examined by a critique group.
C-3PO quote: “Exciting is hardly the word I would choose.”
          Thanks, C-3P0.
            Time has passed by, so my time is now.
               Time to show the world I am writer and I am an author.

            How I’ve worked towards this, and prayed for this. Over the time that has passed on my story, and the endless time that I have long that my work will be looked at. I feel like I am standing on the epic stage. The stage of the edge of the world. I stare down the cliffs edge, and looked into its water. I raise my hands up like Prospero a character from Shakespeare play The Tempest when he sees the sailing boat coming to his island. Waves crashing onto the sides of the cliff. And I breathe in a sigh.
             As I’m writing this blog I feel attached to this writing world finally. I am writing about old authors and story makers, and now can see me standing beside them. The time for me to connect myself to the world of writing has come. I have a mentor, I have a writing group, well two of them, and I’m so happy to be part this. Anxiety gone, and happiness returns.  I have shown my First Chapter to a few people, and now I get to show it to a group of people. I hope that I get both sides of the coin; the hate and the love. Maybe just one side, they might hate it and say what I’ve done is wrong. I hope for both. But hope for negative.
I am not saying that they are all negative feedback will be bad thing, but rather an erudition curve. I just want them to find the stuff they did not like, so I can approve on my writing and my book. If I just go in blind, and offer my story to the first publisher I will most likely fail. With these writing groups, I’ll be able to correct what they find in my story they say was wrong, and with their help I will be able to show the world what I can do. This is my chance, this my option.
             This is my moment in time where I become my dream.

                                       I am an author.  

No comments:

Post a Comment