Sunday 2 November 2014

Being Hurt.


              Being hurt is not easy. Being told that a part of your story has to be removed is not easy to consume, and to hear your English, the way you write, is not acceptable.
                           With that being said. I’m going to tell you a story:
            I came down to the city to try and obtain a new-fangled profession. Originally, I came down to this metropolitan to make videos games. I did have the story, and I am currently thriving on that written study; however, I was going to write this story, and sell it to a video game publish. I was going to create a story for a video game. I found that it is almost impossible to sell your story like that. You need to be the head of your own video game company, and I don’t have the money for that. So, I switch career mode, switch schools, and I saw a VFX course.
                                                 I got very excited.
            I brought my fiancé down to the university to look the course. Later during that month, I emailed the teacher, and I got a return reply. I kind of wish I kept it.
            But, I remember the words he said:
             “Lucas, is this normally how you write? I have ESL student that have better English than you.” Said the Random VFR Teacher.
                                                                 Ouch.


                                                         That one hurt, a lot. 
                       That comment alone almost derailed my train.
                                           

                                                                            Almost.

This is where you decide to push forward, or stop. You now have been insulted on your work, and you as a person. It will happen, and it sucks;however, I tell you now, my English was that bad. Though he should have never insulted me because I did dropped from the course when he email me that reply. But, beside all of that, his response showed me one thing. If I was going to go further in this career I would have to pay for upgrading. I thought I had maybe a Grade 10 level. So, it would be a relaxed way to get back my grades.
         I took the test.
            I found out I had a 4th Grade Math and a Grade 2 English Level.
                I was devastated.
                                                 That was three years ago.
 I kept trying. I did not give up. I paid for the course. I worked eight hours a day, and went to school for six hours. I was tired each day, and I kept pushing. After about a year, I was at a Grade 10 level. I found out my passion for math. Then, I found out, I could write. I was not afraid to write to anyone anymore, and I could write my story. I asked myself if I can be an author. Then, my English teacher, saw how creative I was, and she became my first Mentor.

Going through pain and failing are two of emotions you will feel. Keep writing, and you will be where I am. Coming up on my quest: I get my first critique on the first few pages on my First Chapter in one and a half weeks; my work, my story!  I am living proof that you can do anything you want!
                                          No matter what, don’t give up! And keep on writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment