Sunday 18 January 2015

You will need to voice act as an author.

Voice acting is an art. Doing voice-overs or stipulating your voices so you can sound like all those animated characters in so many various of works such as: feature films, dubbed foreign language films, animated short films, television programs, commercials, radio or audio dramas, comedy, video games, puppet shows, amusement rides in Disneyland, and now as a writer is very hard work. It is an art of its own, and like art you have to learn how to prefect your art. How to control your voice with the hums and burps. How to laugh in a certain voice is something of challenge. Now, I face something, how to read my book, and make it my art. It has become so important that I’m trying to practice my voice every weekend. I’ve understand the use of voice acting a lot more, and you should too.
Let me explain further.
          I have been to a thing called Spoken Ink on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. The way people read their ten pages of work is amazing and sometimes very dull. To keep sell your book it must be interesting. If you sound droll, you are going to sell nothing. Most people would want you to hurry up and read straight through. But, you going to learn how to control that, or you can sound that your books means nothing. Reading as fast as possible is wrong, and you will seem like you don’t care about your book.
          I was flabbergasted to learn that you have to do a lot of book readings. I mean, a lot, and I think it’s just important to know how to read your story, and how to voice act. You might have to add this to your daily life. The famous author of Harry Potter JK Rowling read and wrote The Philosopher Stone as a bedtime story. She would have acted out to the kids. I've been shifting to this idea with my Dungeon and Dragons. I’ll be trying to do voice acting there as I am the DM now (dungeon master), and will be voicing the dragon in there. I've been practising for a month now to come to the voice between Steve Blum’s Green Goblin, and Benedict Cumberbatch’s Smaug. So, that will be interesting. I think I might have to go into voice acting lessons somewhere.

Anywhom, as writers, you never think you would be called a performers of the voice are called voice actor or actresses, and simply using your voice talent to bring your character alive. You just sit there and write, and sell your book. No, you have to read your work Sell it. You need to have a talent in your voice as well. Their roles, the people in your story, may also involve singing, and hell I’m not so shabby at that.


As I go along this path I’m learning so much from my writing groups. I suggest to anyone that is ready to start publishing to start looking into one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment