Saturday 15 November 2014

My first Writing group

                                          Take it away Mister Torque!

        So it transpired. I translocate myself to a sophisticated plain of writing. I went in, and I rocked it out. I did the writing Tango.



                      And I had a rose clenched between my teeth after it was done.

         It only continued for a limited time; about two hours. I paid my fee, and we talked about their business. I was brought into the ground, and I was introduce to everyone. Most renowned person so far is Eileen Kernaghan. An author, impressively, that has published 33 books over her life time. I'll be going to her novel reading. It will be at a get-together called Spoken Ink next Tuesday. Link below.



         The place I went too was an art building. In had a huge hall, and you can hear a concert playing in the milieu. Of course, I had gone astray right away. After a few minutes of walking around, I found where I was supposed to be, and meet the first people there.
            It’s a small group, and lots of different kind of writers. We sat in a circle, and read out work that we have done. People read their poetry most of time. We can could be review in different ways. One guy, a man from Korea, wanted his English reviewed as he wasn’t that great with English. Some people wanted a normal review asking if they liked it or not.
I wanted their very harsh review.
                          I did read my first three pages.


            I was prepared myself for the huge negative review, and I asked did ask for very harsh review. That hardest they could possibly be. Oh, bring multiply copies of your work, and I only brought my three pages. In hindsight it would have helped the review if they could've read along; however, what happened made me believe when people said, “You have a good book.
          They said it was good. So good, they were impressed. So good the person who has been published 33 times snatched the page, and said, "I'll review this."

My mentor was right, I'm doing this. It's kind of overwhelming feeling right now, and don't know how to responded to this yet. Thought it was the first time I read my work, I now have high hopes. But, the lesson I did take away from a reading: bring some water. It is very hard to read with a dry throat.

It's a lot to take in right now, and I took one more step forward on this adventure.
All and all. This couldn't not been possible without everyone. Thank you for your support. I'll keep you update if anything new happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment