Sunday 23 November 2014

Update from Writing Group; what has happen so far.


This is going to be a meek post this week, and an update on how the writing group has affected me so far.

I went to a reading in a coffee shop for the first time:
  • This was a displayed what I need to do when I read my book.
  • The author had post notes on what the history of the book came from.
  • You need to do more theatrical speaking. It’s like reading a children book at library. Selling the book is presenting it as well. Taking up a voice acting class would be a good idea.  
  • Show what the audience was like.
  • Gave of an idea what kind of authors and books are out there.
  • Comparing my work to theirs.
I have a few contests to enter:
  • The writing group has given me a Newsletter each week entailing contest.
  • These contest offer accolades, crash prizes, and can be published by my work.
  • This will give me practice.
I was able to meet people so far:
·         So far I am able to meet and greet authors. See how far they have come.



This, so far, has been wonderful experience. This was just the first week after the writing group. In couple of more weeks I got to a 2nd one, and my 2nd meeting with the first group. I’ll put up the short story for Christmas I have to make for a contest for December in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment